We thank all our patients for your continued support of the practice and patience during this difficult time that has affected us all.
The landscape of General Practice has changed significantly since COVID. Like all practices we have seen a surge in demand for appointments. We do however have a limited number of resources and appointments which means that we have to work more efficiently.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
This does mean changing the way we offer our appointments.
- To help us streamline our medical appointments we are asking all our patients to complete an ‘E-consult’ where possible
- This form is available on the practice website- click on ‘contact my doctor online’
- For patients unable to do this, a member of our reception team will be able to raise an “e-lite” on your behalf for triage
- This is assessed and triaged by a GP who will be able to allocate appointments
- Triaging our requests for medical appointments means that we can prioritise those patients who need us most urgently
- We can then deliver the right care with the right Clinician at the right time.
- If a GP/ clinician feels a clinical need for a face-to-face appointment, then you would be offered one.
- Please be assured that we have conducted face-to-face consultations during the pandemic and continue to do so now.
- If your preference is to see a particular clinician face to face then please make that clear in your e-consult or e-lite and reception will be able to indicate when this can be made available.
We understand that our phone lines do get busy and our reception team work tirelessly to answer all calls. We would encourage as many people as possible to use online e-consult platform.
We also encourage you to use the ‘NHS’ or Patient access’ app which allows you to view your medical records. The more people that use the online platform means less busy phone lines allowing us to answer to patients in a timely manner.
Our practice Nurses continue to see patients face to face for dressings, childhood immunisations, some injections/vaccinations (non-travel) and cervical smears.
We are fortunate to have two new senior prescribing clinical pharmacists who have joined our team to help with reviewing medications for patients with chronic conditions.
Knoll Medical Practice is proud be a training practice and to welcome additional clinical and non-clinical staff to the team to help care for our practice population. A full list of the practice team can be found by clicking on the ‘staff’ button on the website.