Once registered for online access, prescriptions can be ordered online here.
Prescribing of Health Supplements and Medications
NHS Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group (Bromley CCG) is committed to delivering best value by ensuring that we use our resources well. Therefore to help us to support the cost effective, evidence based use of medicines, NHS Bromley CCG no longer supports the routine prescribing of health supplements and medications that can be bought over the counter for self-limiting, short-term illnesses and minor conditions. This includes:
- Acne treatment
- Analgesic/pain relief treatment (short term pain, fever, headache, muscle/joint injury, infrequent migraine)
- Anti-fungal treatment (athlete’s foot, oral and vaginal thrush, ring worm, dandruff)
- Antiperspirant treatment (excessive sweating)
- Antiseptic creams and treatment for minor burns and scalds
- Camouflage creams
- Cold sore treatment
- Colic treatment
- Constipation treatment
- Cough, cold and sore throat treatment
- Cradle cap treatment
- Diarrhoea treatment
- Ear wax remover
- Emollients and bath oils for mild dry skin
- Eye treatments/lubricating products (Conjunctivitis/ dry eyes)
- Fluoride containing products for prevention of dental caries
- Haemorrhoid (piles) treatment
- Hayfever treatment
- Head lice treatment
- Herbal and complementary treatments
- Homeopathic preparations
- Indigestion and heartburn (dyspepsia) treatment
- Mild cystitis treatment
- Mouth ulcer treatment and treatment for teething
- Nappy rash treatment
- Scabies treatment
- Sunburn treatment
- Threadworm treatment
- Topical steroid treatment (insect bites/stings, contact dermatitis, nappy rash)
- Travel sickness treatment
- Vitamins and minerals
- Wart and verruca treatment
It is the patients responsibility to ensure that you request medication in good time.
If you are a new resident to the area and plan to join this practice please ensure that you have at least 6 weeks supply of medication from your previous surgery.We will not be able to provide a prescription until your medical record is received from your previous surgery.
Current patients on repeat medication.
Please allow two-three working days (48-72 hours) notice for prescription processing. We will accept early requests to cover the Bank Holiday periods and also holidays- just make a note on your request slip.
If you are going on holiday please put your request in at least a week ahead and indicate on the slip that you are going away.
One off prescriptions will take longer than two working days (48 hrs) as they need to be re-authorised.
Over the Counter Products
Most common conditions such as backache, headache or cough can be treated at home and for most people they are not serious health problems. Many common conditions can be treated at home with the support of your local pharmacy if needed. Over the counter products for self-care are things like pain relief and cough and cold remedies. These items can be bought from pharmacies, supermarkets and discount stores without a prescription. You can get them without an appointment or seeing a doctor. They are also often cheaper this way. Please view our Local Support page for more information on how you can be supported.
Only Order What You Need
Please remember to only order what you need. Medicines waste costs around £9 million a year in South East London which could be used on vital NHS services. You can reduce your waste by:
- Checking what medicines you still have at home before ordering your prescription
- Only ticking the boxes on your repeat prescription forms for medicines you really need
- If you use the electronic prescription service, telling your pharmacist if they give you medicines you’re no longer using or already have enough of at home
- Telling your GP or pharmacist if you’ve stopped taking any medicines, so they can be removed from your repeat list
- Not stockpiling medicines
- Ordering online via your GP website which may also be quicker and more convenient for you